This page is adapted from the full set of rules
and regulations which are available here or at the
- No work will commence until a complete set of
plans has been supplied to and approved by the West
Boylston Water District.
- No work shall commence until a Dig Safe number
has been obtained and will provide coverage for
- Water Mains shall be lain in street location as
laid out by the West Boylston Water District and in
conformity with the Planning Board.
- No work is to be performed on Saturdays,
Sundays, or Holidays unless an emergency exists.
- Upon completion of a sub-division and upon its
acceptance by the Town of West Boylston, a quit
claim deed by be provided to the West Boylston Water
District for the water lines and appurtances.
- Under no circumstances shall anyone, other than
an employee of the Water District, operate any valve
or curb stop, unless otherwise authorized.
- Absolutely no Water Mains shall be laid until street elevation is
brought to sub-grade.
- All Water Mains shall be laid by trained and experienced personnel.
- All Water Mains shall be laid in accordance to manufacture's
specifications, bedded in 6 inches of sand with 12 inches of sand cover.
- All Water Mains shall have a minimum cover of 5 feet and not more than 6
- Tracer tape at least 3 inches wide shall be laid in all pipeline
- All Water Mains shall be chlorinated in a manner to meet A. W. W. A.
(American Water Works Association) standards.
- All Water Mains shall be tested at 150 P.S.I. at a minimum.
- All Main Gates, Hydrants and Fittings shall be thrust blocked with
concrete and or rodded where required.
- Location of service connections shall be approved by the Water District.
- All service boxes shall be installed in a manner approved by the Water
- Hydrants shall be installed and gated in an approved manner.
- The number and locations of hydrants to be installed shall be determined
by the Water District with the approval of the Fire Chief of the Town of
- Upon completion of a sub-division, all gate and curb boxes shall be
re-graded flush with the surface of the road or ground.
Materials shall meet all applicable requirements of the A. W. W. A.
|Class 52 Cement Lined
Ductile Iron Pipe, meeting A. W. W. A. standards.
|1 inch minimum; 200 psi Polyethylene (P.E.)
|Ductile Iron, Cement Lined, Mechanical Joint
|Clow R/W epoxy coated Open Right gates meeting A. W. W. A standards
|Clow Eddy Hydrants, Open Right painted to West Boylston Water District
|Cast Iron, 36 inch bottoms, 24 inch tops
Curb stops without drains must meet all A. W. W. A. standards
Residential Service Boxes shall be Erie style 1" diameter with 24" stainless steel rod
|Epoxy coated iron saddle with wide stainless steel strap,
meeting A. W. W. A. standards
|To be installed by the West Boylston Water District
upon payment of meter fee; 5/8 by 3/4 Meter